Reply to post: Re: Still. The Farage Garage will be open for business on time.

It may date back to 1994 but there's no end in sight for the UK's Chief customs system as Brexit rules beckon

codejunky Silver badge

Re: Still. The Farage Garage will be open for business on time.

@John Robson

Thanks for the explanation of how you dont understand the Irish border issue. Since I have explained it many times I dont think there is a hope you will ever be able to understand it. Maybe see if someone else is willing to try.

"Of course they can impose tariffs on imports from the UK"

Thanks for pointing out that the EU can only apply tariffs on their own members and cannot impose tariffs in the UK. So you do understand and this isnt an issue.

"And they will - the moment the extreme brexiteers reduce standards over here (because there was no need to leave to *improve* standards, so the only changes they can want is reduction)."

It is a mistake to think more restrictive standards is better. While it can be, too restrictive is actually bad. Reducing such restrictions is an improvement.

"since financial institutions can see that, they will be migrating away from London."

As we were told they would, and then they put up a brass plate in the EU which brassed off the EU.

"So you reckon the cost of brexit was just the cost of the crayon that de Pfeffel used to sign the document?"

Nope. But to think the cost of trying to remain is part of the cost of brexit is either moronic or reasoning that said remainers need to be billed. Either way works for me.

"No - the cost includes all the costs associated over the last four years, and the costs over future years as well - including the costs involved in the quite probable dissolution of the United Kingdom."

Then thankfully we are not being charged for the EU covid bailout fund which means we have saved through brexit. And I assume you will be counting the costs of the EU as time goes on too. For example blowing money on the French vaccine which didnt work then making Germans complain they are at the back of the line for the German made vaccine?

How about the costs of dissolution of the EU? I hope you wrote off the Greek bailouts as lost money, and Italy could be seeking debt forgiveness next, then maybe France.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon