Reply to post: Re: This is to punish the UK

Brexit freezes 81,000 UK-registered .eu domains – and you've all got three months to get them back

codejunky Silver badge

Re: This is to punish the UK

@Doctor Syntax

"You still haven't grasped the notion that you only won by a slim majority"

So the majority who did vote voted for leave. Meaning even less voted to remain.

"about 1 in 2 of your fellow-countrymen weren't bothered enough either way to vote"

That glorious utopia of shining light wasnt enough to get people off their arses to vote. Something so important and great that they couldnt care less about voting to remain.

"approved of being in the EU"

You assume to know the vote of people who didnt vote and cared so little about that Union you love that they didnt vote?

"On that basis the EU had and still has many friends in the UK"

Friends or hangers on? Friendship assumes a 2 way street, which you point out isnt really the case. The EU has admirers fluttering their eyelids at it but it doesnt care. You feeling so inclined think the EU should stand by its 'friends' but it doesnt care about your existence. Sorry but they dont reciprocate your feelings.

"It's just that you're not one of them. You're not alone but you don't speak for everyone."

Never claimed to. I speak for me. I see the EU's indifference to you and dont care. If the EU wasnt indifferent to you and saw you as its friend I wouldnt care either. It makes no difference to me. The EU gov cares as much about you as some committee on hair ties (assuming your a bloke who doesnt use them).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon