Reply to post: Re: How is that possible ?

Suckers for punishment, we added a crawler transporter to our Saturn V

Joe W Silver badge

Re: How is that possible ?

Yeah, well...

ok, the reason why there are always leftover parts in LEGO(R) sets is that the QC works by weighing the packages. Especially the small parts (eyes, little sticky grey things to put on axles, the little two-sided grey things to connect two Technic beams) are then used in numbers that tell you how many of these should be inside by weighing the little bags. So a certain number of leftover parts is expected. At least that's the theory behind it, and implementation is... in this case apparently not well done. Considering the missing two parts: yes, that is a shame and will not happen with LEGO.

How well did the parts fit together? Sharp corners? Gaps? Bad machining? Asking because my kids really would need that set (and the tower, and the Saturn V)... really, it's for them, not for their dad ;)

About the "open this bag first" things: that's new. At least this did not exist way back when I was constructing LEGO things (I wouldn't call it "playing", stuff should be constructed and work, then mission accomplished, deconstruct). In my time you did have to open all packages, strew them around the living room floor on Christmas so you can find the parts. I don't think I ever owned anything with that many parts, though.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon