Reply to post: Re: Nothing? Surely you jest.

Lenovo ThinkPad Carbon X1 Gen 8: No boundaries were pushed in the making of this laptop – and that's OK

Shadow Systems

Re: Nothing? Surely you jest.

Thank you! I was going to post the same thing but you beat me to it. Enjoy a pint with my gratitude.

DDR3 RAM? In a 2020 machine? How is that even tolerable in a time where they're talking about DDR6 VRAM?

The RAM is soldered on? I know it's the nature of thin & lights to make it impossible to get at anything, but when has that been considered NOT a quibble-worthy thing? If I buy it with X, want to upgrade it to Y, and can't because they've prevented me from improving it after the fact, how is THAT not something to growl & shake an angry fist over?

No proper ethernet jack on a business machine? That's just "assinine" taken to new heights.

A *proprietary* ethernet dongle port? That's the very DEFINITION of something to complain about. How much does the dongle cost? How durable is it? How likely to get lost? How difficult to replace? Are there third party alternatives to the Lenovo branded ones, or are we locked in to whatever price they pull out of their ass?

I'll stop there before I get so disgusted with the reviewer that I throw my pint at his head. Nothing to quibble over indeed.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon