Reply to post: Re: Long-term view

'Following the science' rhetoric led to delay to UK COVID-19 lockdown, face mask rules

John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: Long-term view

"The whole tier system in the UK and rules is just bewildering."

At the start, I thought the rules were pretty clear. On the whole, the rules now are pretty clear if people bother to notice them. The problem is people choosing to NOT follow the rules for their area. There are two stories on the Beeb news today, party of 60 in Leicester and a party of 200 in Manchester. Probably many more around the country. Huge numbers of people travelling to lower tier areas just for a fucking pint in a pub. 160 find and many more warned in York. One twat drove over 200 miles to go to a pub in Cornwall. Every single one of those people are selfish unthinking bastards in my book, risking catching the damn virus and passing it on to their own families.

Young, fit, healthy people are less likely to get a bad case, but they can. It can still kill them. The odds are better then winning the lottery jackpot, but I bet a lot of those people play the lottery!. They may have underlying conditions they are not aware of. If it doesn't kill them, there's evidence that some people, apparently other fit and healthy, suffering various long term post-COVID symptoms, some quite debilitating.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon