Reply to post: Not me...

Cruise, Kidman and an unfortunate misunderstanding at the local chemist

big_D Silver badge

Not me...

Well, I didn't do anything wrong, but I was involved in an accident on a cold, rainy night - took a wide line off a roundabout in a Ford Sierra to avoid a moped rider and lost the back end on the white line on the outside of the corner. I ended up parking the Sierra squarely in the middle of a lamppost, or rather a lamppost squarely in the middle of the bonnet of the Sierra.

The police sent out a patrol vehicle, but the only vehicle that was free was a Black Mariah (the old prisoner transport van). So my mate and me sat in the back, while the police called my brother (1 AM and he was in the middle of a training course to be an outdoor activity instructor, so he was dog tired). They eventually roused him out of bed and he came to collect us.

The officer in the front turned to me and said, "he he, does your brother have a sense of humour?"

I thought, "hmm, not a this time in the morning!" But, before I could answer, he had wound down the window and was talking to my brother.

"Sorry, you'll have to wait a couple of minutes, we are just booking them for malicious damage to a lamppost!"

My brother looked at him confused, before the officer and his colleague burst out laughing and let us out the back of the van.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon