Reply to post: Re: Still. The Farage Garage will be open for business on time.

It may date back to 1994 but there's no end in sight for the UK's Chief customs system as Brexit rules beckon

John Robson Silver badge

Re: Still. The Farage Garage will be open for business on time.

"You dont?

It was a communications screwup, but EU domains for EU entities has been written in the policy from very early on, the fact that they hadn't explicitly planned on idiocy like the current UK gov is hardly a clusterfuck. Assuming people are rational used to be so simple.

"An interesting issue cropped up with the EU wanting the Euro to be a global reserve currency"

"Which is why it was funny to see the EU argue for it to not be a global reserve"

Make your mind up (I know, dyslexic, but still)

"Thats one way to look at it. Another is their lack of will to negotiate"

How do you negotiate with a toddler sitting on some of the playing cards under the table and refusing to say which game they want to play.

" As for NI, that was pretty mishandled when our politicians didn't just tell the EU to shove off and build a wall if thats what they want. It wasn't UK policy nor problem."

Really? Were you alive in the eighties?

It's *very much* a UK problem.

" WTO is a trade agreement

Now we see how the brexiteers expect to announce hundreds of new trade deals. WTO is the lowest possible denominator, it is literally the definition of the worst possible trading conditions with a country.

" Interesting how insignificant and unimportant we are but please dont leave.

We are a relatively insignificant third country... but the EU, and UK, had more pressing matters that needed attending to. We have managed to a fucking shit job at both.

" Ok. It is possible someone is still reading so I like to try and provide the facts they could look at to find the truth.

Facts?

You're really cooking on gas now.

Since Boris couldn't even bring himself to admit that his oven ready deal is actually worth less than Chamberlain's famous paper last night. We are heading into a no deal in January. Tell me. When did any referendum offer no-deal as an option?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon