Reply to post: Re: Section 230 is tricky

Trumpian politics continue as senators advance controversial Republican FCC commissioner nominee

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Section 230 is tricky

Comments here are separated from articles - it's not everybody can publish anything without any check. Readers can wholly ignore the "comments" section.

I think this site is regraded as a "publisher".

Also comments here are moderated. Nor it does promote "user generated contents" to attract clicks, using the worst of them. Sure, we have "On call" and "Who, me?" - still edited to not cause harm to anyone.

I've been banned for a while, then re-admitted with every post of mine checked before publication - without even knowing why, and without any warning. Their site, their rules. If I didn't like it I could have gone elsewhere, and it's not I can't setup my site and tell whatever I like there.

I do not believe sites like Facebook & C. should have a perpetual "get out of jail card", especially because they knowingly take advantage of worst instincts to make money, willingly to ignore any consequences. But that's not something an agency like FCC should regulate - that's up to the the Congress, they are elected and paid exactly to write and enact laws, following the rules to write, discuss and vote them.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon