Reply to post: Re: The reason for that is

Zoom records another bumper quarter as pandemic rumbles on, but Wall Street types quiz execs on how long it can last

Roland6 Silver badge

Re: The reason for that is

>The only people who should have access to your video and/or audio conferences are the people who have accounts created by your IT dept. and are logged in with verified credentials.

Got some bad news for you, if you are eligible!, you may be invited to attend a National Speed Awareness Course, which is conduct online via Zoom. Zoom's waiting room functionality allows for the screening of attendees and the verification of their credentials. Given that the courses are for "any old random Joe Shmoe" who has accepted the 'invite', Zoom actually does alot better than Teams...

Being a little more serious, whilst you may have a point about company internal meetings of the sort that have been prepared, Zoom better suits the ad-hoc and richer social gathering of people, as witnessed by its use during lockdown. I've not seen any other platform used in the same way to bring disparate people together, many of whom had very little to do with tech before the lockdown...

Yes Teams does have a place, but I expect it is more of a collaborative work space ie to be used once we have agreed to work together on something; however, it needs to be a easy as Zoom to allow end users to easily set up collaborations across multiple organisations . (ie. I should only need to enter a person's phone number/email address to get them set up on my "teams" area of Teams). However, currently, we are finding that Dropbox is providing better sharing of documents than Teams with in consortiums consisting of people from several different enterprises and where each business will add and subtract personnel according to need...

I suggest you need to be more of a policeman than a gatekeeper in your thinking.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon