Reply to post: Re: I drive all night

Mysterious metal monolith found in 'very remote' part of Utah

jake Silver badge

Re: I drive all night

"I decided to go there first because I was drawn to the fact that this object had been there for five years, hidden in nature," said David Surber"

Sadly, our man on the spot Dave failed miserably in his quest to be "first", because a dozen other twits did the same thing. And they all failed, too, because clearly the Utah Department of Public Safety Aero Bureau and the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources had already been there, which they all seemed to forget in their quest to find fame. To say nothing of the folks who put the thing up in the first place, who no doubt have been back a few times since.

During the meanwhile ... now, thanks to TehIntraWebTubes, a quiet little corner of Utah which hasn't seen more than a couple people per year (decade?) is getting trampled to death by a hoard of blithering idiots, each trying to get their page hits up.

Methinks that the authorities would do well to drill a small hole in the top of this thing and drop in a bore-scope, then post the results before some whacko treasure hunter off his meds heads that way with a Makita, drills out the pop-rivets down one side, and peels it like a banana ... thus depriving the rest of the public of a view of the pristine original.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon