Reply to post: Re: Back in the UK

Apple's global security boss accused of bribing cops with 200 free iPads in exchange for concealed gun permits

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Back in the UK

"we were invited by the local police to their gun range for a safety and gun security talk with a hand gun demonstration. I was given this little box of 12 .22 handgun rounds for my turn. Unfortunately on the first shot the gun action cut a gash in my thumb making it bleed everywhere"

Poor instruction/supervision of a novice shooter. It's natural to cross your left thumb over your right thumb when holding a pistol. Unfortunately, if you are shooting a semi-automatic pistol, the slide will want to occupy part of that space while cycling. If you have small hands and are very lucky, you'll just discover a small cut after a few rounds.if you have big hands/bad luck/loose grip you could probably sprain or break your thumb.

They were smart enough to have you load only one round. Doing so meant that any flailing around or dropping was done with an unloaded weapon.

Omitting instructions for left thumb placement could have been a ploy as well. Instead of having a pleasant memory of an afternoon at the range, your entire group has a bloody memory.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon