Reply to post: Ruining Pages

Hundreds of Facebook moderators complain: AI content moderation isn't working and we're paying for it

schmeckles65

Ruining Pages

Or... They are ruining pages for "false positives", I run a news page with a website to go with it. We posted a few photos of another Social Media user inciting some violence and Facebook assumed it was us inciting the violence.

So now we have non-appealable strikes on the page, Instant Articles removed which has completely nulled the income from that specific page.

Guess why we can't appeal? Because they have limited staff during the coronavirus pandemic, we even contacted support and because I am no longer a partner with Facebook Monetisation they refuse to help.

So to conclude, AI moderation is working too well for them - Why employ more staff when you can just take the majority vote from the trusted social media users and remove content and punish people in the process.

Get enough reports on a post and the chances are high that the AI will bite you. I've come to the conclusion that from some of the responses from "support" the majority of their system is run from automated AI messages.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon