Reply to post: I'm screwed

Linux Foundation, IBM, Cisco and others back ‘Inclusive Naming Initiative’ to change nasty tech terms

Boris the Cockroach Silver badge
Facepalm

I'm screwed

The docs for the robot/machine interfaces are full of master and slave references, with the robots being the slaves that have to obey the masters commands and then tell them when they've finished.

But what about distributed systems, where you have 'client' and 'server' , clearly that puts the server in a subordinate position to the client when the system is equally dependent on the equal functioning of both systems.

I think we should take the pTerry solution* of promoting these people demanding this change to vice executives in charge of equality and charging them with a full on wide ranging investigation into the replacement of words with other words, this task will take all of their time and involve high level serious discussions about everything to do with the english language and removing all offensive terms. this task will take approx 224 yrs 6 months by which time the english language will have evolved into something completely different.

*used in the book 'Eric' to get rid of the demon king...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon