Reply to post: Re: Tax failure to consume

Tax working from home, says Deutsche Bank, because the economy needs that lunch money you’re not spending

pmb00cs

Re: Tax failure to consume

You ARE misrepresenting my argument and you know it. My argument doesn't apply internationally on the scale you suggest, and even if it did my argument isn't that the rich should be brought low to make us all equal. My argument is that people who earn more can afford higher taxes. That you choose to make an argument to absurdity (a logical fallacy I pointed out elsewhere) doesn't make my argument suddenly invalid.

Yes the world would be a better one if our standards of welfare support were exported to the poorer nations of the world, but that is a problem that is far more complex than deciding how progressive a tax system should be.

I have never stated where I think that balance should lay, you (and one other in this topic) have suggested that I want the rich made poor in the name of equality, which is absolutely not my argument. All I have said is those with more money can afford to pay more taxes than those with less money.

And having grossly misrepresented my arguments you have now also suggested I don't know my place in the world. I assure you that I know how wealthy I am. I can afford to pay more taxes than many. I'm under no illusions as to how lucky I am.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon