Reply to post: Re: No thank you, no IoT for me

The revolution will not be televised because my television has been radicalised

jake Silver badge

Re: No thank you, no IoT for me

A friend of mine was pleasantly surprised when I re-introduced him to the concept of non-computer controlled washer and dryers. Here in the United States, look up Speed Queen.

Speed Queen are the folks who make bullet-proof laundromat coin-op equipment ... but they also make home machines, sans the money slot. Hand made in the US, and the price reflects it, but they last forever in a household environment. And no fucking computer to go TITSUP[0] on you after getting blasted by static from the dryer. Most of the machines here at the ranch have been abused and battered for well over a decade with no sign of slowing down. Recommended.

Likewise, for kitchen appliances go to your local restaurant supply store. Most are open to the public, and offer pretty much everything you'll ever need in a household kitchen, but at a price that department stores can't come close to ... and they only sell the heavy-duty models of small appliances. Without a fucking computer to get in the way, or break at the most inopportune time. Just make sure some of the larger kit will actually fit in your oven or on your range before purchasing it ...

[0] Total Inability To Select the "Unmentionables" Program

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon