Reply to post:

Mr President? Donald?! Any chance you can actually decide if Oracle can buy us or do we have to leave?

Binraider Silver badge

Reminding people that TikTok's EULA gubbidge expressly warns that they will be collecting all manner of information about the network that you are on. I'm sure FB, Google, MS, the Mobile networks and a thousand others are no better.

I already have one source of spy-ware laden source of daft cat videos. I don't need another.

Singling them out because of their origins is nothing more than a trade-war policy. Definitely not a Trump fan here, though there are times to take a hard line at state level. Their ongoing ethnic cleansing / re-education efforts for example. As long as we can still buy cheap manufactured goods off them we (at least at government level) don't really make a stand, do we? Taking a hard line on some unimportant social media outlet is not really challenging the state, is it?

We don't take a hard line regarding the annexation of Tibet post WWII either. If that's any different to the annexation of American Indian territory just because that happened 100+ years ago rather than 50+ years, I'll leave to your interpretation. Or any of the countless lines on maps that European nation states used to argue over incessantly (and in some cases still do).

When was the last time anyone rolled out a one-world government proposal; ($deity) forbid that it is only one planet, and we are one species that rather than evolving continues to crap on each other because of some flags on a map and the lack of "enough" to go around.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon