Reply to post: Re: Unless you have a pressing need

Google to end free unlimited online photo, vid storage, will eventually delete files if accounts go over their cap

nematoad
Happy

Re: Unless you have a pressing need

"...share your photos with other people..."

Ah, you have hit the nail on the head there.

I have, for the time being, an account on Photobucket. I got it because a forum I was a member of did not have a facility to post photos directly, you had to link to them. As I was doing a project on refurbishing a 1853 Enfield Rifle I needed somewhere to put photos of my progress so that I could include them in my reports.

At the time Photobucket had a policy of allowing linking of photos hosted on their site and all was well. I recently started getting e-mails from Photobucket saying that I had to take out a paid subscription if I wanted to continue linking my photos. I contacted them and told them that I had used them as a convenience and did not care if they closed my account. I have made alternative arrangement for the photos on the project to be housed elsewhere so Photobucket can do their worst.

Bait and switch is one thing but when the offering has no value it does not work.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon