Reply to post: Re: Still confused about the 90%

Somebody's Russian to meddle with UK coronavirus vaccine efforts, but GCHQ won't take it lying down

ibmalone

Re: Still confused about the 90%

20,000 patients in hospital at peak, over 3000 on mechanical ventilation. I'll not spend the evening hunting for workload stats, these are probably hard to process, but BMA covid tracker survey through April makes interesting reading, 25% of doctors redeployed (30th April survey), to the question "During this pandemic, do you consider that you are currently suffering from any of depression, anxiety, stress, burnout*, emotional distress or other mental health condition relating to or made worse by your work?" nearly 30% answered "Yes - and worse during this pandemic than before". https://www.bma.org.uk/advice-and-support/covid-19/what-the-bma-is-doing/covid-19-bma-actions-and-policy/covid-19-analysing-the-impact-of-coronavirus-on-doctors

Possibly being in the relatively quiet environment of a non-covid ward skews the perspective.

My local GP surgery was closed - and that was not because it was overwhelmed. The doctors and staff were at home no working.

Not sure if mine were at home or not, what I do know is they were doing remote consultations.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon