Reply to post: Re: Politicians always a decade behind.

Google screwed rivals to protect monopoly, says Uncle Sam in antitrust lawsuit: We go inside the Sherman parked on a Silicon Valley lawn

RyokuMas
FAIL

Re: Politicians always a decade behind.

Oh, if only it were just politicians...

I recall numerous times dating back over the last few years where I accumulated a good number of downvotes for suggesting Google was anything other than the saviour of IT.

... yup, that's not the one that got me the most downvotes. But the response post in retrospect always puts an ironic smile on my face...

We - that is, the IT community - are more responsible for this than even the politicians. We are the ones that our friends, families, employers and society in general turn to for advise. And despite the claims of so many of us to be on the cutting edge of technology, far too many of us were - and still are, in some cases - too wrapped up in a 20+ year-old grudge to prevent this.

Some how "told you so" really doesn't seem to cut it in this situation. But I do fully expect to rack up a few more downvotes off this... I just hope that they're for my being a smug bastard, as opposed to from those who are still somehow deluded by Google.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon