Reply to post:

We bought a knockoff Lego launchpad kit from China for our Saturn V rocket so you don't have to

DJV Silver badge

Even though I passed my Lego on many years ago, I do now have a small collection of random pieces. These I have gained through digging the garden of my house that was, 23 years ago, purchased from a family who'd had kids. I think their kids must have thought that planting various toys* in the garden might make them grow into a new crop.

* Not just Lego - also in my collection reside (the remains of) tanks, cars, plastic soldiers/infantry/native Americans (though they were probably called Red Indians at the time they were manufactured). Many of the latter are missing a limb or three, though they don't complain about it. I also have what I presume to be a single boot from an Action Man, a few battered glass marbles and several bits of old clay tobacco pipes. Oh, and a toy whistle. No actual treasures, unfortunately, though a dig in a previous garden when living with parents unearthed a rather thin and somewhat bent/battered 1575 sixpence.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon