Reply to post: Re: I met one the other day

Mark Zuckerberg, 36, decides that having people on his website deny the deaths of six million Jews is a bad thing

Eclectic Man Silver badge

Re: I met one the other day

@ I ain't Spartacus "Presumably nobody's supposed to actually believe this shit, ..."

The whole point of blatantly telling such enormous lies is demonstrate your unassailable power. Few Russians actually believe the denials from the Kremlin about not poisoning Mr Navalny with Novichok, but to make such an obvious and outrageous attempt to kill an opponent without any shame sends a powerful message to the others - "keep quiet or you are next".

"... it's just enough of an excuse for offficials to not have to admit that they're representatives of a basically fascist government (which doesn't seem to be an unfair description of what the Chinese Communist Party has morphed into)."

What do you mean "morphed into"? Communism has always been a totalitarian regime, from Marx, Engels, Lenin Stalin, Mao and the Kims.

(Expecting the standard down vote for any post criticising the PRC or the Chinese Communist Party on this site. O, hang on, I believe that criticising the PRC ro the flag may actually be illegal in Chinese law, wherever it is done, even outside China.)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon