Reply to post: Re: Scandal, but not this

I love my electricity company's app – but the FBI says the nuclear industry bribed politicians $60m to kill it

My other car WAS an IAV Stryker

Re: Scandal, but not this

"The smartphone app was developed and run by a company called Powerley, based in Michigan..."

I have a feeling DTE Energy's (aka Detroit Edison) "DTE Insight" app is based on the same platform, especially due to the phrase "energy bridge".

Caveat: I downloaded it once, but I don't use it. Don't really need to, because I already have two major "insights": 1. running the ~1.1 kW in-ground pool pump is the number one energy waster in the house, even greater than the aircon, and 2. my incandescent Christmas lights -- I like the "old glow", they're easily repaired, and "15A" breakers apparently have margin -- are the reason I see a spike in December.

Thankfully Michigan hasn't killed their programs yet. I like DTE subsidizing the LED bulbs at Home Depot (and Costco -- they had better selection 1.5 years ago when I bought the current house, promptly swapping CFLs for LEDs before painting rooms and moving things in).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon