Reply to post: I find myself following a similar path with this sort of thing

Flying camera drones, cuddly Echo gadgets... it's all a smoke screen for Amazon to lead you gently down the Sidewalk – and you'll probably like it

Roger Kynaston
Meh

I find myself following a similar path with this sort of thing

Initially - I'm not having any of that rubbish. Who needs a mobile phone/smart phone/voice assistant/Bezos spy/whatever

Next - Oh well, perhaps they do have some use after all - lets try it

Finally - How did i cope without that. I know that Jeff/Sergey/Satya/Tim now know everything I do but then they know everyone elses

At present, I am in the process of applifying - got the iPhone cos it is a bit slicker than Android. Now I have tried a second hand MacBook because I like having BSD under the hood and I can put both Photoshop and zsh on the same computer. I don't have an Alexa and don't use Siri but I suspect that it is only time despite my protestations that I don't want to be spied on.

In short, as the writer states, convenience and general apathy makes me fall into line with my digital overlords (no overladies I note)

The only thing I am determined is that I deleted my facefail and will never sign up again. The Zuck is a step too far!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon