Reply to post: Curious

Happy Hacking Professional Hybrid mechanical keyboard: Weird, powerful, comfortable ... and did we mention weird?

ovation1357

Curious

I was recently looking at a number of keyboard reviews including of the HHKB Pro.

Aside from the mammoth price tag and outright weird layout that I don't think I'd personally ever manage to adapt to, the reviews pointed out that the space bar is made of cheap plastic, the cover for the dip switches doesn't fit well and that the keyboard is really light weight (being all plastic) and doesn't have any rubber feet meaning that it slides around too easily.

This seems to be a contradiction to the Reg's findings ┐( ∵ )┌

As much as I'm curious about trying Topre switches I cannot justify this kind of money on a keyboard and reports of poor build quality were a big turn off for me. For nearly £300 I'd want it to be perfect and probably made of titanium as well.

I've gone and broken my own rules (e.g. What? More than £20 on a keyboard!) and spaffed £120 on a Durgod keyboard with Cherry Silent Red switches which I absolutely love - the Durgod is really solid and has a full "proper" (subject to personal opinions) UK layout.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon