Reply to post: Re: European Union

We're not getting back with Galileo, UK govt tells The Reg, as question marks sprout above its BS*

codejunky Silver badge

Re: European Union

@Danny 5

"I am taken aback by your responses, some of them are just plain untrue. Where on earth are you getting your information?"

I just follow the goings on as best I can. If I am mistaken show me where, I have been known to be wrong and I do my best to find correct information.

"Take the Irish border alone, it was both the UK, as well as the EU that insisted that there should never be a hard border on the Irish isle"

Did they? I hear they had a passing mention but the agreement between the UK and ROI was for no border. Ireland joining the EU and the EU dictating a protectionist border (which is their right) means that a border there is an EU issue unless it was the UK demanding it. At no point do I know of the UK demanding a border in Ireland.

"it was the UK that negotiated the regulatory border along the Irish sea"

This is where a horrible grey area come in. We only recently got a PM willing to leave the EU. After 4 years of negotiations. Northern Ireland is part of UK territory and the EU is demanding control of UK territory. All of which can be resolved with a simple agreement with the EU if they wished to honour the no border agreement.

"Oh and please show me which binding agreements the EU broke, I can't think of any"

Cameron came back with a written guarantee that UK contributions would not be used to bail out Greece. This was broken at its earliest convenience.

"Lastly, if there's one country that has media that is absolutely riddled with propaganda, it's the UK"

Not just one country. Most media is leaning with its own biases. Thats why reading a mix helps.

"I'm afraid you've read the daily mail once too many times."

Please dont sink so intellectually low as to claim to know what I read, it only makes you look stupid. I am not doing that with you.

"Footnote, like AC, I too am European, not English."

Makes little difference to me. It of course gives you a different perspective than here. Facts stand and we should all try to reach them and form our own opinions from them. Even if we dont agree we can still discuss.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon