Reply to post: Either the US market will collapse or the US will collapse

It's IPO week and one of Wall Street's own is raising the spectre of a stock market crash

Version 1.0 Silver badge
Pint

Either the US market will collapse or the US will collapse

The stocks are sailing back up again and we have an election in a few weeks. There are two possible winners, if Biden wins then I would expect that the markets will drop because the Democrats will be working on fixing the US mess and the Republicans will be fighting a Democrat presidential win as being undemocratic, but if Biden loses then the markets will rise again while the stock buyers all rush into the toilets to celebrate with a quickie. I suspect that a long term collapse will be on the horizon because the US is deeply in debt and keeps on spending money while attacking all its international customers. The future is uncertain - if the Republicans keep jerking off over the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg then regardless of who wins, it will be a mess and the markets will dive eventually.

I would vote for Brendan Behan, "The most important things to do in the world are to get something to eat, something to drink, and somebody to love you." ... the markets are irrelevant (icon).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021