Reply to post: Platform

Sounds like Spotify and Epic have been chatting: Music streamer blasts Apple One service as 'anti-competitive'

Falmari Silver badge

Platform

It is not really a platform though, the IPhone and IOS are really just a computer with apps installed on them. The owner of the IPhone has already paid for it once, it is a bit rich expecting them to pay 30% on any software they install.

The only reason to call it a platform is that there is no other way to install onto the phone with out going through Apple. Some might say that is a platform, I would call it restrictive practices.

Also they are not asking for a free ride they write the app not Apple they don't pay for Windows for example.

Also Spotify have to make an app for the Apple Phone, you purchase a Spotify account and use it on multiply devices you own. If they did not make an app for the IPhone it means that customers may move to someone that does produce players that does cover the devices they own. Let me see does not Apple Music run on other devices?

I don't have a problem with bundling but charging a competing service 30% to run on a phone! How would you feel if your ISP did this produce a service similar to one already out their and then restrict the others unless they paid.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon