Reply to post: Re: understatement of the new decade

That long-awaited, super-hyped Apple launch: Watches, iPads... and one more thing. Oh, actually that's it

I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

Re: understatement of the new decade

I bought the Air, at Christmas. It had more memory than the basic, so once I'd upgraded that the price difference would have been smaller. Crucially though, it's thinner and lighter. Which in something I now hold for at least an hour a day is worth the extra money alone.

The slightly bigger screen is also nice. It has the option to use the pencil 1 - but I've not been willing to blow £120 on one until I'm convinced that Apple now properly support handwriting in apps like email. I seem to remember that the next version of iOS might do this - but have lost track.

I also use my iPad for games, so being faster was also nicer. I couldn't justify the extra money for the 13" Pro though, but was tempting.

I can read on the iPad by zooming in - which means I don't need my reading glasses. So for me, even a marginally bigger screen is a bonus - but I'd suspect for most people that the downsides of the extra size outweigh the benefits of the bigger screen.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon