Reply to post: Bully squads

I can 'proceed without you', judge tells Julian Assange after courtroom outburst

Danny 2

Bully squads

I was an extremely minor and ineffectual peace protester in the UK for four years with no serious legal repercussions, and then I exposed two police infiltrators. The police started targetting my elderly and infirm parents with thirteen visits / raids over the next seven years even though they knew I lived elsewhere and was always willing to voluntarily visit any police station. It wasn't Chechen or Belarusian or American abuse, but it was low level gangsterism.

The last time I put in a police complaint I was told that to progress it they'd have to visit my parents and take them to the station to give statements. I was "encouraged" to close the complaint.

The last time I was in court I asked to defend myself but the sheriff denied me that right, assigned a court lawyer, and banned me from even speaking in court except to confirm my name and plead. Plus I couldn't hear what the lawyers and sheriff were saying, my hearing was a bit shot. I felt like the love child of Kafka and Solzhenitsyn.

I suggest to those of you here who have great respect for the British justice system, as I used to, that is probably because it hasn't stamped down on you. Yet.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon