Reply to post: Re: Garbage in garbage out

'We're not claiming to replace humans,' says Google, but we want to be 'close enough' that you can't tell it's a bot talking

Sub 20 Pilot

Re: Garbage in garbage out

I have yet to see an useful ''chatbot.'' In the last few months I have had , in desperation, to revert to trying out the respective option on Ryanair and SP Energy websites due to there being no other way of finding what I wanted or indeed a sensible method of contacting a bloody human. Nothing you put in the text box made sense to the algorithm.

OK I expected it with Ryanair as I wanted money back from them so no fucking chance that was going to work but with SPE it was putting £20k plus their way for an upgraded supply so I would have thought that ''I want to give you money for something'' would have led to a pretty good response.

Previously in the last year I have had the same while trying to spend money with Samsung, Dell and ( in desperation ) Carphone warehouse. The end result of which none of them got my money as they couldn't be arsed to provide a human to sort out a few basic queries.

This is still roughly the same level it was years ago so what is the problem and where is the bottleneck ?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon