Reply to post: Testing? Are you having a larf?

Brexit border-line issues: Would you want to still be 'testing' software designed to stop Kent becoming a massive lorry park come 31 December?

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Testing? Are you having a larf?

They'll still be testing and adding more feature bloat/spread in January 2023 (if not 2024).

January will be a total disaster for the freight boys. The Kent Car park will be mirrored along the A26 in France. Ferries will sail with just a handfull of trucks on board because of the delays in getting anything rubber stamped. The French 'Gallic Shrug' will be much in evidence.

If you have anything due to be shipped in January or indeed anything due in 2022 then get it here before Christmas or it may not arrive at all without reams and reams and reams of paperwork (the IT system will crash at 00:01 or 01/01/22 and not come back for yonks) and an extra 10% Import Tax.

We as in the UK voted to walk over a cliff like lemmings. We are getting close to that time people. Will Nigel (mine's a pint) Farage be leading the way?

Where is he by the way? Has he escaped to some foreign bolt-hole to sit out the fiasco?

Just saying what I feel is going to happen. I didn't vote for BREXIT but our Governments since then have failed the UK as a nation to get a trade deal done with the EU. They are our biggest trading partner for heavens sake. Get a deal done Boris! The words Brewery and Piss up come to mind.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon