Reply to post: Re: What, me worry?

Near-instant game loads, richer graphics, low CPU use promised with DirectStorage API coming to Windows PCs

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: What, me worry?

There were a few systems that treated all storage the same i.e. addressable by the CPU, mind you this was before the internet was recognised as the biggest malware vector of all time.

I presume that MS has created yet another code certification system (like safeboot ) to limit access to only MS approved code. So again fine if you are using visual studio but a pain if you want access for some other compiler.

Then there is the issue of trusting MS with everything you own, they have never done things like make backdoors in certification systems in the past nor do they see their users as cattle, I am sure there is nothing to worry about. If you are using some other OS that is.

Putting all your eggs in one basket is IMHO never a good idea when the reward for circumvention is complete control of all the machines running windows on the internet and any data they might hold

The repeated cries of "it is uncrackable" over the years and the resulting "shock" when it was admitted that it was, always seemed the only surprise to me.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon