Reply to post: There SNAFU like an AFU

In the frame with the Great MS Bakeoff: Microsoft sets out plans for Windows windows

Sanguma

There SNAFU like an AFU

Kinda like their other lines of development ... I was prowling around Microsoft.com today on my Win8.1 box, looking for info on writing MS Windows device drivers. I'd installed Visual Studio Community 2017 last year, and was planning on doing something with it. But to write a Windows device driver, i'd need to install the WDK, and there's only two major versions of the WDK available, one for MS Windows 10 with Visual Studio 2019 installed, the other for MS Windows 8.x with Visual Studio 2013 installed.

Happy happy joy joy!

(I suppose I should add that this sudden love of writing MS Windows device drivers was brought on by my new MS Win 10 box happily informing me that I had a device which Microsoft would no longer support. So, I know which end of a compiler does which, I know something of how to fam something unpleasant down an MSWindows box's throat, I figured I'll write a device driver for that device ... happy happy joy joy! Their doc section hadn't been upgraded to Visual Studio 2019 ...)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon