Reply to post: Re: How did this slip through?

This'll upset the Apple cart: 1,200 iOS apps downloaded 300 million times a month include 'ad fraud' code

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: How did this slip through?

Like so many of you that think Apple is so safe and snuggly, and Google (as you weirdly put it, should be rightly dinged) you will eventually see that your 'safe space' really isn't that. Sorry your bubble was burst but you're living in the real world.

Sorry to burst your personal hate bubble, but if you consider ANY platform safe and/or snuggly, you need help (clinical in case of the latter, but I digress). The choices you make are always about more or fewer risks, and in that respect I still prefer Apple a mile over other offerings.

Put another way, Apple's offerings are not safe, but usually safer. It means you run LESS risk, but nobody should assume they are thus released of their personal responsibility to make at least mildly sane choices or exercise a minimum of critical thinking.

On any platform, when I install software I look at evaluations, I still look at the age, release track record of the application, user comments and from which jurisdiction it hails. Only then will I decide to install something or not. That goes for any platform and any kind of software - no exceptions.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon