Reply to post: Re: Adobe? Quality product? Oh yeah, that died years ago..

Putting the d'oh! in Adobe: 'Years of photos' permanently wiped from iPhones, iPads by bad Lightroom app update

WolfFan Silver badge

Re: Adobe? Quality product? Oh yeah, that died years ago..

Around here I personally had Creative Suite 5.5 installed on one box and 5.5 and 6 on various boxes at the office. Over the years 5.5 and 6 stopped working properly, then just stopped working at all. They’ve been replaced by Affinity products and various other 3rd-party apps. I would have paid for a Creative Suite 7, but that wasn’t on offer. By going with the sharecropping crap, Adobe ensured that they got not one more penny. Meanwhile, smaller apps from smaller developers, such as Lemke’s Graphic Converter, continue to get our support. (I’ve been using GC since 1995, at home and at various workplaces. It’s no Photoshop, but what it does it does well, and Lemke keeps the price down and the support up.) GC is my primary image editor at home, now that Photoshop 5.5 is dead. Affinity is around for projects GC can’t handle, which aren’t many. I gladly pay the infrequent upgrade fees to make sure that support continues.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon