Reply to post: Re: I'll probably get roasted for this but...

Norfolk's second-greatest cultural export set for return with 3-metre monument in honour of the Turkey Twizzler

CliveS
WTF?

Re: I'll probably get roasted for this but...

Dr_N> I'm guessing you don't cook or bake much if you're pulling up someone for using butter in a croissant.

I cook and bake a lot, including croissants (and other Viennoiseries ), but you obviously missed my point. If you're going to push a healthy eating range of foods, then maybe pick something that by its nature doesn't required significant quantities of fats. If you look at the nutritional information for his Deli range, there are only 6 items flagged "green" for fats out of 75 items in total, and 5 of those are fresh fruit (apples, green grapes, red grapes, pineapple chunks, and melon chunks). If you only look at saturated fats, only 22 are flagged "green", while 35 are flagged as "red". Salt content is predominantly "red" or "amber", and only on sugar does his Deli range score well with 50 items flagged "green". If the guy is going to criticise convenience food for being unhealthy then he should make sure his own range of what are most definitely convenience foods are healthy. Otherwise it is fair to brand him a hypocrite.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon