Reply to post: Re: They need to have a word with the so called impartial BBC too

UK.gov to propose new rules for online political campaigns after last election marred by an avalanche of fake news

Cederic Silver badge

Re: They need to have a word with the so called impartial BBC too

Sorry but a 2013 academic paper - that doesn't at any point examine the _tone_ of the reporting - doesn't tell us anything about post 2016 BBC bias. The BBC took a sharp turn following the referendum, going from subtle support for Labour ("the corridors of Broadcasting House were strewn with empty champagne bottles") to the current anti-Leave anti-Trump bias that permeates the entire corporation.

As for your link to Loughborough University, I'm not sure how to quantify negativity intensifying, or assess whether that's better or worse then negative coverage doubling. Perhaps you could share some sources that support your argument?

Incidentally, even the BBC don't call Guido 'far right'. I mean, that site's further right than Stalin I guess, but perhaps you could highlight what informed your analysis of its position on the political spectrum?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon