Reply to post: Re: This is actually a good thing

Firefox maker Mozilla axes a quarter of its workforce, blames coronavirus, vows to 'develop new revenue streams'

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: This is actually a good thing

My good man, what in the world are you taking about? Thunderbird isn't "ruined" at this point??

Works perfectly fine for me, and has done for 15+ years. I'm not going to claim it's the most amazing code ever or that it couldn't be improved, but it works perfectly well.

I switched to Thunderbird earlier this year...

...Microsoft Live Mail is not Win10 compatible

OMFG THAT'S HILARIOUS!!!!!

Sometimes it feels like it has crashed, it's UI responses are so slow.

Maybe it's the operating system and you should consider trying it on Linux? It's been working perfectly fine for me on Linux machines for 15+ years. :P

I've turned off Calendar

Um... thunderbird doesn't have a calendar. But OTOH I know how you tend to get confused about what features open source software does and doesn't have, what with the whole "gimp doesn't support layers" fiasco. So: did you mean to say that you disabled the lightning extension that was presumably bundled in whatever malware-laden executable you happened do download and run? Or that you're not sure what software you installed and are critiquing?

It is apparent what is happening in Mozilla is the tyranny of a minority of decision makers, be they management or programmer, telling everyone else how this thing will work. Regardless of what actual users think.

Dammit why did you have to go and say something reasonable? I feel so dirty agreeing with you ;)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon