Reply to post: Re: Confused about Brexit...

Doctor, doctor, got some sad news, there's been a bad case of hacking you: UK govt investigates email fail

codejunky Silver badge

Re: Confused about Brexit...

@AC

"The last time I offended a brexitter with facts, my family were threatened, and he attempted to dox me (the moron posted an address I've never had any association with)"

Ok I get that and sorry for your experience. I do have a troll on here and your comment seemed to have a similar tone.

"Labour was going to negotiate the best deal possible with the EU, and then recommend it's members reject it and brexit if it FELL SHORT OF SIMPLY REMAINING IN THE EU."

Negotiating from a position of being on their knees is not a negotiating position. If you are going to negotiate then the other side must believe such a negotiation will result in the outcome. To negotiate to then have another referendum to a population that already voted leave and with a party who have members who will still campaign to leave even after negotiation doesnt work. The EU would give nothing as it would be dangerous. Any offer then rejected would be used as a weapon by members who dont want the EU federation.

"So, they'd get the best deal possible for the leavers to chew on, but if it was still better to stay in the EU, they wouldn't throw the country down the shitter."

The voters had a choice of in or out and out looked better. This is a referendum offered many times but withdrawn because the voter would vote to leave. You might think its throwing the country down the shitter but others see the shitter being the EU membership.

"Of course, you know this, but it's been a long time since you've posted anything other than lies and gross distortions."

This is where the amusing trolling is because the accusation needs no fact and if you tried I would prove you wrong which is where the AC handle provides you immunity from looking as stupid as your comment suggests (feel like throwing one back at you).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon