Reply to post:

Gone in 15 minutes: Qualcomm claims new chargers will fill your smartmobe in a flash

juice

> Imagine being that vapid that waiting an hour or two for your phone to charge is the worst thing in the world and you need a full charge after 15 minutes so you can carry on being vapid on Instagram.

The problem is that modern handsets can drain batteries like crazy if you're actively using them.

E.g. if I'm lounging in bed on the weekend and spend a bit of time checking social media, emails, etc, it's not uncommon for my phone (S10+) to drop from a fresh 100% overnight charge to somewhere in the mid-80s.

Which means that once I do haul my carcass out of bed, one of the first things I need to do is to plug it back in for a recharge.

And I've tried various things, like downgrading the resolution, downclocking the CPU, tweaking the brightness down, etc. Sadly, none of the above really seem to make much of a difference to the battery life.

Mind you, they also seem to make little difference to the actual user experience, either. So methinks my next phone will be a mid-range machine with a large battery, rather than a high-range device with all the bells and whistles!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon