Reply to post: The security of our customers data is our higest priority (have they said this yet?)

Garmin staggers back to its feet: Aviation systems seem to be lagging, though. Here's why

0laf
FAIL

The security of our customers data is our higest priority (have they said this yet?)

It's been a long time since I've seen a large company do security well. In fact I'm not sure I've ever seen it done well by a large company.

I've no doubt if any more comes from this story the response will be that this was a "sophisticated attack", "nation state" etc etc.

Then we'll find out through backdoor channels that the beancounters have once again been at it and that staff get no security training, security is neglected to pad the bottom end and servers went unpatched because no one would accept downtime.

They probably got nailed by a phish to the CEO that said "hey Bro forgot to send coolz pics to you clik here to download them, btw password is eg0maniac". The sort of CEO that demands domain admin access and unfiltered internet coz he's the CEO and problems are for others to sort.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon