Reply to post: Re: Very good skeptoid podcast recently debunking this stuff

Bill Gates debunks 'coronavirus vaccine is my 5G mind control microchip implant' conspiracy theory

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Very good skeptoid podcast recently debunking this stuff

Calling them gullible might be better. It puts them into the role of victim and you into someone who wants to help them so if they want to fight then their enemy is whoever sold them this garbage in the first place.

The best way of dealing with these sort of people is not to ignore them, or mock or patronize them. That just makes people defensive, they switch off from listening to you and go and form their own little closed communities where you literally can't reach people. Personally, I feel that we have enough of those as it is without creating yet more of them.

IMO the best way of dealing with this is simply to ask the people concerned how they think the human body could have received a respiratory disease you get by breathing it in via radio waves? Because the human body doesn't have a radio receiver, right?

Asking somebody to explain it forces them to think about it. At this point, they'll pretty much have to agree that it's impossible, and you've changed their opinion.

Screaming "I know best and everybody who doesn't agree with me is thick" has never, ever persuaded anybody to agree with you, ever. Even if you are actually right. Anybody who has failed to figure this out on their own is nowhere near as intelligent as they think they are.

And on that "5G is gonna kill me thing"? The 5G radio frequency band (known as the SHF Band) has been used since centimentric radar in WW2. Point this out to the anti 5G crowd if you run into them, along with the fact that it threw out 30 kilowatts of power. aka, 30,000 watts of power, or 30,000,000 milliwatts. 5G puts out an absolute maximum of 0.2 watts, or 200 milliwatts.

Again, if 5G is dangerous at 200 milliwatts, how come centimentric radar hasn't been dangerous at 30,000,000 milliwatts and above in the last 70 years? (Always reply using the same system of measurements as the people bringing these things up, as saying 30 Kilowatts when somebody says two hundred milliwatts lets them muddy the waters if somebody isin't paying attention as humans being human you tend to hear the two hundred and the thirty rather than the measurement scales being used.)

It's a perfectly reasonable question that they can't answer and will have to think about, and them trying to figure out the answer only makes them disprove it themselves.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon