Reply to post: Re: This PC subversion only idiotically makes things harder and more confusing for competent people

VMware to stop describing hardware as ‘male’ and ‘female’ in new terminology guide

Voltaire Voltaire

Re: This PC subversion only idiotically makes things harder and more confusing for competent people

Seriously?

Using the word ‘rape’ as though it’s a figure of fun?

I’m scrolled through these comments and I’m appalled at some of the posts. I haven’t noticed many readers, that have called these types of comments out.

VMWare is at least attempting to correct some horrendous terminology. Whether I am personally bothered by the current terms used, is beside the point. Some obviously are. And I doubt the ones that are offended, are going to come on this website just to say this. Given, my guess is that the majority of the readership here is probably white and male. In fact, I would go further and state, this exactly why the terminology should be looked at and replaced. In 20 years time, the substituted vocabulary will become the norm. I’m sure then you can all remiss how in the good old days, it was so much better.

Get a grip guys. And stop trying to make a joke out of horrible ordeals, like rape.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon