Reply to post: Relocate?

USA ends Hong Kong's special treatment, crimping flow of tech to territory

John Savard Silver badge


Unfortunately, Cantonese isn't really spoken much in Taiwan. Otherwise, for banks in Hong Kong that need advanced security systems from the U.S. to operate, relocating to Taiwan would be an obvious move. Of course, there's always Singapore - or even the Cayman Islands, since many people in Hong Kong can speak English.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

  • Enter your comment

  • Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021