Reply to post: Re: This will end in tears.

UK smacks Huawei with banhammer: Buying firm's 5G gear illegal from year's end, mobile networks ordered to rip out all next-gen kit by 2027

Glen 1

Re: This will end in tears.

There are Brexiters in these here forums that think the EU is a racist organisation. By think, I mean use the accusation as covering fire. After all, it doesn't have to make sense to put folk on the defensive. Something about white majority countries.

Ironic given that most of Africa has tariff free trade access to the EU ("Everything But Arms")... something the UK *won't* have unless a deal is sorted out.

Doubly ironic given that the possibility of Turkey joining was given as a reason to leave... "Breaking point" wasn't it?

As "project fear" aligns closer and closer with reality, you have to wonder at the thought processes of folk who are still in denial about the downsides.

see also: the "Farage garage"™, expats complaining about "Brussels" potentially ending *their* freedom of movement, Sunderland being "unsustainable" in the event of no deal.

I just hope I'm wrong about the lack of upsides, if only for the sake of those whos jobs will be affected.

Sidenote: Its not just the "lefty" "woke" "snowflakes" (as an equally lazy stereotype) that think Brexit is going to be a shitshow.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon