Reply to post:

Smile? Not bloody likely: Day 6 of wobbly services and still no hint to UK online bank's customers about what's actually wrong

anthonyhegedus Silver badge

Always with this ridiculous "an IT glitch is affecting a small number of customers" and "The speed of the website is affect for some" sort of bullshit!

This is just the typical mantra of any organisation that provides IT services. We work with suppliers who provide us with service and actually tell us what's going on if ever there's a problem. Until banks are given real penalties (real financial ones) and can actually pay the customers, they won't take reliability or security seriously. Look at TSB last year.

I can't remember which bank it was who said there was a "fraud guarantee" - it was this year - they said that they'll refund you any money if you are defrauded. However the small print indicated that this would not always be the case. Of course.

Banks have been allowed to get away with too much. If I were to go to a bank that told me they'd pay me £100 an hour for every hour that online banking wasn't available unless it was scheduled maintenance, I would jump at the idea. And the bank would absolutely pour money into security and reliability.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon