Reply to post: Re: What a surpirse. It's muppetry.

Analogue radio given 10-year stay of execution as the UK U-turns on DAB digital future

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: What a surpirse. It's muppetry.

It's interesting that everyone on this website seems to have major problems with DAB reception. IPv6 and DAB seem to attract a lot of negativity that doesn't reflect reality. (I do agree that DAB can sound terrible - but that's a commercial and not a technical issue)

I don't live in a sprawling city, rather I have lived in two fairly rural counties. DAB works fine - the places where DAB isn't, FM is basically hiss anyway. There is a difference between the four multiplexes I can get, but that's to be expected - the "SDL" mux is built on the cheap, basically from the main TV transmitters only, so it's going to cut out more than the BBC or Digital One who have a 15 year head start and DAB transmitters all over the place.

Perhaps my (and your) car's manufacturer has done a better job with the antenna than others?

No real issue at home either - I use a DAB alarm clock. With no real thought to how the wire antenna is laid, I get most of the stations with no real issue.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon