Reply to post: Re: VHDL's still a verbose horror, then.

If you wanna make your own open-source chip, just Google it. Literally. Web giant says it'll fab them for free

StargateSg7

Re: VHDL's still a verbose horror, then.

You basically do an LUT (Lookup Table) where X-style of Object Pascal or C++/C# statement outputs a specific Y-set of logic block traces (as a vector image graphic for all the signal line and memory cell layers and any dopant codes for the substrates).

You can then use ANOTHER LUT that combines various logic blocks using a RULE-BASED EXPERT SYSTEM so you can connect incrementers, decrementers, various other bitwise operators, memory cell blocks, floating and fixed point arithmetic, boolean logic, string processing, RGB/YCbCr/HSL pixel and bitmap processing, DSP algorithms and other logic in series or as discrete components.

It's merely a matter of creating a compiler that parses your source code and outputs a SPECIFIC logic block that corresponds to a given set of line traces, dopant codes and process codes. My stuff is NOT VHDL at all!

It's pure Object Pascal that merely parses out to a set of pre-done logic block diagrams that can be combined in ANY NUMBER OF WAYS as per my logic block connection flags/semaphores.

The KEY ISSUE is finding and PAYING FOR some GREAT analogue and digital circuit designers and microchip substrate materials engineers that know how to pre-build your line trace/dopant templates so that you can make GIGANTIC customized microcircuits that are already pre-debugged at the block level for specific current modern and proposed future manufacturing processes.

THAT is rather expensive BUT once the groundwork has been done, you can create microcircuits at ANY number of bit-widths using any combination of pre-done CPU/GPU/DSP/Array Processor logic block types can be combined and output through almost ANY parsable language! EVEN HTML or PYTHON!

V

I've been doing this for over a decade now! It works!

V

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon