Reply to post: Re: General concern

I was screwed over by Cisco managers who enforced India's caste hierarchy on me in US HQ, claims engineer

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: General concern

Even if importing mafia, terrorists, obsolete class systems, forced marriages and female genital mutilation is obviously undesirable

Well, you highlight the bad things, but many of the immigrants' cultures carry with them a fair bit of misogynism too, so there are good things there if only you look for them. :P

The dilemma is that many people escape the hellholes they come from, only to carry with them the same culture. E.g. what brought down countries like Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq, if not religious fundamentalism? Whenever a country gets overrun with religious people, bad stuff happens. Some of us may scoff at female drivers, but very few would actually ban them outright. Not so in Saudi Arabia, perhaps the most successful muslim-dominated country. Enjoy drinking wine? Eat bacon? Let your daughter live a normal life as an equal? (name one successful muslim-dominated country -- "England" does not count as an answer)

Their culture is pure crap and drove their countries into chaos and oppression. Don't bring that crap here to Europe please. We already have our own share of superstitious people who impose their shady morals on everybody else. We don't need a refill. The HP business model should not be applied to our migration policies.

If you move to a different country, at least make sure you are able to enjoy the local cuisine first. My wife complained when I wanted to invite our new neighbors for a bbq: "They don't eat pork, hun". What asshats don't eat pork? Wtf.

Atheists are welcome though. Anyone with a brain really. And functioning taste buds.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon