Reply to post: Outsourcing just DOESNT work

Never knowingly under-digitally transformed: Retailer John Lewis outsources tech function to Wipro

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Outsourcing just DOESNT work

I don't know why these C Suite idiots think that anything like this works.

With the TUPE any favour the staff would do for the firm disappear. NO more free over time, no more hour here or there. No more short term weekend work. EVERY little job will become a "project" so that a 1 day image upgrade becomes a 2 month project with a PM, a 100 meetings and insane cost. All the BAU stuff such as patching will become left behind because BAU isn't profitable.

All that outsourcing does it annoy the staff that have worked hard for you. Accenshite, KrappyMG or any of the other big outsourcers can't provide that "extra 40%" that working for a good employer gets you.

The Service desk will have a 3 month turnover. WIPRO won't use local staff, they'll ship in staff from India on 6-12 month contracts being paid indian wages. You've seen what happened to Lloyds Bank within 6 months of outsourcing their IT function.

The shame is that after outsourcing, the CEO and CIO move on to wreck havoc somewhere else with no come back. It's a bout time the Pension funds that hold shares long term start suing some of the directors that leave this trail of shite behind them.

Anonymous because I'm still not clever enough to come up with somethign funny to Wipro,E&Y . I think PissPoorWC works though

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon